Friday, January 12, 2007

The Meeting With Drennan

Since his original letter of grievance was deleted in 2003, it appears Robin Edgar has not provided a clear or complete description of his meeting with Ray Drennan on November 9, 1995. The account below is pasted together from three different sources, and should be the most complete account anywhere. There are minor continuity errors in his different retellings, but I did my best to smooth them out.

It is not clear how long they had been talking before this account begins, or what about.

When Rev. Drennan dismissed my religious beliefs, as informed by my revelatory religious experience, as being nothing but "silliness" and "fantasy" during our meeting of November 1995 when he tried to leave the meeting without having even dealt with the very reason that I had invited him to my apartment to explain and justify my beliefs by showingb him an exposition of images that illustrated my research into how total solar eclipses had influenced ancient humanity's religious beliefs I simply but firmly reminded him that the whole purpose of having the meeting in my apartment was to be able to show him the said exposition as a "visual aid" as it were that help to validate my beliefs. He reluctantly agreed to stay and proceed to express extreme skepticism about my beliefs as presented in the exposition of images in a sarcastic manner.
When I attempted to explain my claims via the exposition Rev. Drennan repeatedly interrupted my discourse with negative and insulting comments such as, "So you're God's messenger and you're here to tell all the world's religions that they're wrong..."

As I was explaining my beliefs and specifically speaking about my revelatory religious experience he rudely interrupted me by cutting in and sneeringly saying, "You mean your psychotic experience." I might add that he was quite literally in my face when he did this. Rev. Ray Drennan stands several inches taller than me but he stooped down a bit, cocked his head to the left a bit, and with a grimace of anger and contempt said what he said. If I remember correctly I did not immediately challenge that intolerant and abusive outburst but quite calmly continued to try to explain my beliefs to him.
I don't remember every single word of the "full sentence" or indeed paragraph that Drennan said when he angrily insisted that I must seek "professional help". That was an immediate follow-up to his brazen assertion that my revelatory religious experience was nothing but a "psychotic experience".

The next intolerant and offensive, to say nothing of abusive and malicious. . . thing that Rev. Ray Drennan did was to once again rudely interrupt me as I was telling him what Creation Day was all about by saying, "You mean your cult." When he said this I immediately responded by saying, "What do you mean by "cult" Ray?" I asked this question because the word "cult" has several levels of meaning and in and of itself is not necessarily intolerant and offensive. I knew from the contemptuous manner that Ray used the word that he meant it in the worst sense but I wanted to have him to either confirm that or back away from his intolerant and abusive outburst. He responded to my question by saying, "I mean a manipulative and secretive religious group." I don't remember my exact words in response to that but I do believe that I calmly but firmnly expressed my objection to his labeling of Creation Day as "your cult". This did not prevent Rev. Ray Drennan from hurling the four-letter 'C' word back at me twice as he was leaving my apartment. . .

Sources: 1, 2, 3